LSA MES is suited to all types and sizes of passenger carrying vessels including conventional passenger ferries, high speed craft and cruise ships.
ADVANTAGES OF LSA MES FOR PASSENGER SHIPS
Simple to deploy
- LSA MES can be deployed remotely from the vessel bridge or locally at the MES station.
- Deployment can be completed by one crew person with minimal training.
- No additional intervention required by the crew person to ready the MES to receive the first evacuee.
- No complicated winches
- No complicated hydraulics
- MES fully inflated and ready to receive the first evacuee in less than 60 seconds.
- Ability to evacuate 100 persons in less than 4 minutes
- Approved to evacuate up to 600 persons per MES station in 30 minutes.
- Additional large capacity liferafts can be linked with the MES.
- MES capacity for up to 600 persons per MES station.
- MES can incorporate canopied self righting or open reversible liferafts.
- In-hull or open deck installation.
- Can be installed to heights up to 13.6m above the design waterline.
Compact & lightweight
- Provides opportunities in terms of weight saving and better deck space utilization.
- MES stowage can be installed into an area of less than 4m2.
- LSA MES is much lighter and more compact than comparable MES.
- Rapid installation and removal in less than 1 - 2 hours
- Simple fixed length bowsing line arrangements.
- No complicated hydraulics or electrical power required.
Reduced crew costs
- Less trained crew are required to operate the MES and control the evacuation.
- Reduced crew manning
- Reduced crew and operating costs for a passenger or personnel carrying vessel of any size.
Means of rescue
- Unique capability of recovering passengers back on board in a rescue situation.
- Removes need to install an additional Means of Rescue liferaft unit & dedicated winch.
Individual customer [design] service
- LSA design service to fulfill the unique requirements for each individual vessel.
- Complete drawings package for each vessel project.
- Each MES installation is accompanied by an Operations Manual.
Simplified crew training
- Crew training is straightforward and can be provided by qualified LSA personnel.
- Powerpoint based interactive crew training presentation provided for each MES installation.
- Additional training aids and models can be supplied.