LSA Schelde hull 411 Marine Evacuation System Deployment >
Liferaft Systems Australia MES deployment for training purposes (1.12 KB)
LSA MES is perfectly suitable for all types and sizes of personnel carrying military vessels including Logistic Support Ships, Offshore Patrol Vessels, Primary Casualty Receiving Ships, Aircraft Carriers, Littoral Combat Ships, Air Defence Destroyers, Frigates and other front line combat vessels.
LSA has an impressive and varied reference list of naval vessels with MES installed. Naval vessels with LSA MES installed operate in military theatres throughout the world. These vessels are operated by defence forces from New Zealand, USA, France, UK and The Netherlands.
KEY ADVANTAGES OF LSA MES FOR DEFENCE SHIPS
Safe and Rapid Evacuation of All Personnel
The speed of evacuation of military personnel is critical especially in theatres of combat.
- LSA MES is fully tested and approved to safely evacuate up to 600 personnel can be safely evacuated in less than 30 minutes per MES station.
- LSA MES is capable of safely and rapidly evacuating all military and non military personnel regardless of age, gender, size or physical capability or even injury.
- Military personnel can easily transport supplies, weapons, full survival kit with them down the evacuation slide, directly into the liferaft.
- There is no risk of personnel getting stopped or trapped on the slide. The evacuation is continuous and evacuation rate is never compromised.
- It is also possible to safely lower or recover an injured person on a rescue stretcher down the MES inclined slide which may be required in combat situations.
Means of Rescue
More frequently naval ships are being used for humanitarian & peacekeeping efforts and exercises to assist ships affected by piracy. The ability to recover persons from the water rapidly is crucial.
- Uniquely it is also possible to rescue stricken personnel from the water using LSA MES.
- Personnel can be recovered up the inclined slide using a simple ladder or mechanical winch.
- Medical personnel can go down the slide and immediately assess recovered casualties on the safe stable platform provided by the attached 50 or 100 person liferaft.
Useable in all Weather Conditions
Military Vessels are required to operate in all environments from the Arctic to the Arabian Gulf. LSA MES is fully tested & approved to be fully functional in temperatures ranging from -30˚ & +60˚ centigrade.
Space & Weight Saving Benefits
To optimise operational effectiveness weight is a crucial consideration on any military vessel.
- LSA MES is the lightest and most compact MES currently available.
- The MES can be installed in an area of 4m2 which provides additional space for other essential items and supplies.
- The typical weight of a 14m MES slide with pre-connected 100 person self righting liferaft (SoLAS “A” scale emergency pack) is 1000kg.
Reduced Radar Signature
Front Line Combat Vessels are increasingly designed with “Stealth” capabilities and characteristics. The ability to reduce the radar signature of the MES housing or exterior door is critical. Installing LSA MES can assist reducing vessel radar signature. LSA offer a flush fitted door design to help reduce radar signature.
The US Navy Titan X-craft is designed to be a stealth vessel. LSA worked with the vessels designers to eradicate radar signature around the MES station.
Worldwide Servicing & Crew Training
LSA appreciate training is critical especially for military personnel. LSA also appreciate military vessels operate for long periods away from home port and in extreme parts of the world.
- LSA will fully train and approve military personnel in the operational use, servicing and maintenance of LSA MES.
- LSA also have a network of approved service station throughout the world if there is a need for additional servicing support outside of the vessel’s home port. See GLOBAL SERVICE section http://www.lsames.com/global-service